The Kindle 2 has a number of shortcuts that you can use. Here are the ones I use most often:
- Turn Multiple Pages: Press the next/prev page button multiple times to turn several pages at once
- Display the Time, Free Memory and Wireless Network: Press the Menu key
- Jump to a Page on the Home Screen: Press the number of the page you wish to navigate to then press the controller
- Refresh the Display or a Web Page: Alt+G
- Start or Stop Text to Speech: Shift+SYM
- Pause Text to Speech: Spacebar
There are a lot of other shortcuts that make using your Kindle 2 easier. Geektonic.com maintains a list of them.