Back From DragonCon

It’s been over a week since I got DragonCon. I was in such a rush to leave for my trip that I forgot to post here. It was a great time, as always.

This year, I arrived a week early to take in the sights and see my friends who live in Atlanta. I spent a night dancing in the Shelter and sampling the Atlanta night life. My days were spent writing and visiting my friends who had time to see me before DragonCon. The highlight of the days before the con was a trip to the Georgia Aquarium. A friend was good enough to give me and my family a behind the scenes tour. It’s one of those bits of magic that makes visiting the aquarium so much fun. I never realized how much work people need to do around the clock and the infrastructure needed to maintain such places. With all this, the staff still manages to keep all the animals happy and healthy. Yeah, I was impressed and I recommend a visit to the aquarium for anyone who visits Atlanta.

Once the con began, I had a very busy schedule. This year I brought my Phantom Stranger, Orion, Magneto, Luke Cage, and Nick Fury costumes. I was very happy with how the Phantom Stranger costume turned out but it was too hot to wear and I didn’t get any pictures. Also, I love my Orion costume and my new Luke Cage outfit. I got a lot of pictures dressed as both of those characters.

Between the various photo shoots, panels, and catching up with old acquaintances, I made a lot of new friends. One of the best things about the con was getting to meet two gaming buddies who used to play City of Heroes with me: Eddie and Fluffy. They’re both great guys. A lot of fun was had but my schedule and sleep habits put a limit on the amount of time we got to hang out. The Abbey Park concert at the con was a real blast. Finally, there were the panels on the writing track. Most had a lot of good advice and information.

The flight home turned into an adventure. In retrospect, I should have taken the airline’s offer to take a later flight and go home the next day. They were willing to pay for a hotel and offered a free round trip ticket but I was in a rush to get home. The two-hour trip ended up taking seven hours because of the weather and delays. Next time, I’ll take them up on the offer.

Over the weekend, I’ll post some of the pictures from the con on Flickr. Okay, that’s all for now. I need to get back to work. Have a good weekend.


Leave a comment

Filed under News and Info, Travel, Uncategorized

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s